Here you can learn about how to add the SCAC Code in Customer Master.
What is an SCAC Code ?
The Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC) is a privately controlled US code used to identify road transport companies. It is typically two to four letters long. The National Motor Freight Traffic Association developed the SCAC code in the 1960s to help road transport companies computerize data and records.
SCAC Code Uses:
SCACs are commonly used by the automobile, petroleum, forest products, and chemical industries; as well as suppliers to retail businesses, carriers engaged in railroad piggyback trailers, and ocean container drayage. SCACs can be obtained online at http://www.nmfta.org.
Freight Carriers who participate in the Uniform Intermodal Interchange Agreement (UIIA) are required to maintain a SCAC. Certain groups of SCACs are reserved for specific purposes. Codes ending with the letter “U” are reserved for the identification of freight containers. Codes ending with the letter “X” are reserved for the identification of privately owned railroad cars. Codes ending with the letter “Z” are reserved for the identification of truck chassis and trailers used in intermodal service.
SCAC is also used to identify an ocean carrier or self-filing party, such as a freight forwarder, for the Automated Manifest System used by US Customs and Border Protection for electronic import customs clearance and for manifest transmission as per the USA’s “24 Hours Rule” which requires the carrier to transmit a cargo manifest to US Customs at least 24 hours prior to a vessel’s departure at port of loading.
Widely used SCACs
|AAFES PRIVATE FLEET
|ALLIED VAN LINES
|Bulk FR8 (Liquid Bulk)
|BAX GLOBAL (air)
|BT EXPRESS FREIGHT SYSTEMS
|CHEEMA TRANSPORT INC
Steps to add the SCAC Code in Fresa Gold
- Navigate to Master menu, select Organization master (Fig.1).
- Chose the particular organization from the Organization list and Click Edit button (Fig.2).
- After clicking the Edit button, it will move into the details of the particular customer Organization Details (Fig.3).
- Now Select the Reference button on the on the left in the Organization Details, to add the Reference type as SCAC Code (Fig.4).
- Now in the Reference page, select the Reference Type as SCAC Code, and enter the Reference Number and Date, once entered, click Save button (Fig.5).
- To Edit the Saved SCAC Code, click Edit button and enter the changes and click Save Changes button (Fig.6).
Hope you got an idea about to add the SCAC Code and to add the SCAC Code in Customer Master.