Here you can learn about the what is the Shipment and job.
- Shipment is doing booking to import or export.
- Shipment is like HBL.
- In shipment you can have multiple HBL/shipment under one job/HBL.
- You can create shipment from enquiry/quotation.
- You can create Job from that shipment.
- HBL is associated with shipment. We can generate HBL from each shipment.
- If individual sale and cost for that booking is know enter in the shipment.
- A shipment usually refers to the process of moving goods. It can be done by road, sea or air, since it represents a group of items that will be transported from one place to another once.
- Cargo usually refers to the goods themselves, independently if they are moved by ground, sea or air.
- Cargo transported under the terms of a single bill of lading or air waybill, irrespective of the quantity or number of containers, packages, or pieces.
- Job is doing confirmation from shipment for import or export.
- Job is like MBL
- If it doesn’t have subjobs (multiple) (click generate job button and choose Master job)
- If it has subjobs (Multiple) (click generate job button and choose House job)
- If single sale or cost charge is know enter it in job.
- MBL is associated with a master job. A master job can contain multiple shipments.
- A Job is a booking Confirmation. Shipment act of handing over cargo to a carrier or other transportation service provider for transport. Onboard a vessel, the act of placing cargo on a vessel.
- This can be defined as passing the ship´s rail. Once goods are successfully loaded, the carrier can issue a marine transportation document bearing an “on-board” notation.
- The booking confirmation is the document issued by the freight forwarder confirming all details of the booking you have made, except for the actual cost of the transportation.
- The booking confirmation is used as documentation for the booking and for sharing between shipper, consignee and other relevant parties as an easy reference of the booking details. If you present the booking confirmation to your bank, please note that it does not replace the bill of lading as confirmation of cargo shipped.